Festival of WreathsThursday, Dec. 5th : 5–7:30 pm
Federated Church of Edgartown, Edgartown.
75 originally designed, and hand decorated natural wreaths will be on display, for sale $45 each. Admission $10. Beverages and hors d’oeuvres. 508-627-4421.
Teen Hip Hop Dance WorkshopFriday, Dec. 6th : 4–5:45 pm
Alex's Place, YMCA of M.V., Oak Bluffs.
With Providence dance troupe "Case Closed." Free. Registration at the Teen Center. 508-696-7171.
Holiday Open MarketSaturday, Dec. 7th : 10 am–3 pm
Dreamland, Oak Bluffs.
Holiday Crafts with BooksSaturday, Dec. 7th : 1–3 pm
Oak Bluffs Library, Oak Bluffs.
Make wreaths, bows, and decorations from recycled books. All materials and instruction provided. For teens and adults. Free. 508-693-9433. oakbluffslibrary.org.
Island Community Chorus ConcertSaturday, Dec. 7th : 7:30 pm
Old Whaling Church, Edgartown.
The Island Community Chorus is a charitable organization that has been singing since 1996.
Martha's Vineyard Activity Directories
- Animals & Farms Many farms on Martha's Vineyard offer education programs for both adults and children. You can also fing various dog training programs here.
- Bikes & Mopeds Don't have a car on Martha's Vineyard? Don't worry. You can easily get around by biking or renting a moped.
- Camps These after-school programs offer a wide range of programs. From swim lessons to painting workshops, there's something for everyone.
- Horses Improve your equine skills at these quiet, tranquil, spacious farms.
- Fishing Charters If you want to go fishing on Martha's Vineyard, these are the perfect places to start. Get your supplies, learn the rules and arrange charters.
- Fitness & Yoga Whether practicing yoga or working out at the gym, Martha's Vineyard offers many fitness options. After your workout, relax at the spa.
- Golf & Tennis Choose between 18 or 9-hole courses and spend the afternoon golfing. Indoor and outdoor tennis courts also available on Martha's Vineyard.
- Sailing What's more romantic than a picnic dinner aboard a wooden sloop? Sailing charters offer sunset cruises, day sails and even overnight charters.
- Watersports Kiteboarding or windsurfing may look like extreme sports only for professionals, but Martha's Vineyard companies offer lessons for beginners as well.
- Festivals & Promotions Take acting classes, screen a new international film or volunteer. You can also learn about the Island's history at Martha's Vineyard Museum.